I definitely have learned a lot more while making my game demo. I found out more things about how Flash CS5 works, but not on my own. What I did do on my own was put in creativity and my own ideas. Other than that, I haven't learned any more about my topic in general. This is because I have been acquiring knowledge about my topic since I began this class in August. I have also learned to have more patience than prior when working with the program and computers.
If I could talk to the creaters and main administrators of this class, I would tell them to not make students do as much repetitive work. I would advise them that we need to have more tutorials on flash, because it is difficult for my teacher to attend to all of our needs for our demo. I suggest that they add something unique to the class to make it more fun rather than continuous research and actually learning how to do things in the class in a fun way. I definitely think I have taken the process of learning into my own hands substantiated by the facts that I have scripted things by using tutorials that are not on the wiki. Although I have had to ask my teacher for help, I have attempted to learn more about this class and game design.
I really don't feel that it is neccessary for me to try to improve my self-learning skills because I already am trying. I literally do not want to teach myself everything, so I'd like to learn things on my own, as well as being taught in an equal amount. I don't want to use memorization and past demos to program things in my game by copying and pasting. I think that a lot of this is copying and pasting, and nobody will accurately learn this way. Once the course is over, everything "learned", or memorized, will be forgotten. So I would prefer to know how to script and actually understand what I'm doing, rather than copy and paste and then blog about it. I definitely have learned a lot so far, but I think that I could learn a lot more. This class has potential, and if it was more accelerated in the game design itself, it would be more fun and more of a challenge. I don't think that it should be required to blog this much because it takes away from the overall effect of the class.

I agree 100%. I really enjoy your blogs.
ReplyDeleteGet it!! I agree with what you've said about self learning skills and how we should not teach ourselves everything.
ReplyDeleteThanks fwends
ReplyDelete