Friday, September 3, 2010

Got Games?

I am definitely most interested in the Strategy and Adventure genres for games! I really enjoy puzzle games also, but it's really difficult to find an interesting puzzle game.  Some of them can be boring, and make you want to quit after the first few levels. But I absolutely love Tetris, and that is a puzzle game.

 Strategy games can be really interesting also, because they actually make you think, and try to work out a solution to a problem. It makes your brain work, and think on different levels and think of different outcomes to every choice you make. This is especially true if it is a strategic business game.

Adventure games and rpg's are fun, too. They usually take longer to complete and have different scenarios so you don't get bored of doing the same thing over and over again. You actually might even have to save it and go back to it, because it isn't a short game. Yet, it can hold your interest because you don't have to do the same thing every level because it gets more challenging as you go!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! Most puzzle games are boring and makes you want to fall asleep! You just got to find the right one thought. I to think that Stategy games make you think more. But most of the time I get so lost in the game and just end up quieting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I am looking forward to seeing your ideas for a game concept. I agree with you and Amanda about strategy and adventure being more interesting, but I do like many puzzle games. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE TETRIS TOO! Can't wait to try your game!

    ReplyDelete