Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"..but DON'T let the bunny eat the pizza!"


The mini game project was actually pretty interesting. I have never scripted in Flash before, and I actually understood what we were doing. I didn't really think it was that difficult to make it EXCEPT when you make a small mistake, and it is so hard to find it if there isn't an error. I thought the process of making it was fun though, especially whenever something would mess up and it was a challenge to fix it. I completed my mini game with success, and I don't think there are any glitches. However, this is a looping game that never ends so you can't necessarily win.


Overall, it was a good learning experience. I am scared, though, to create my own game because I see how much it takes to do a small game like this, so my game will probably be way more difficult. Also, we worked as a class on this, so when it gets to individual work I think it will be way more of a challenge, but I'll do my best.

6 comments:

  1. At least you knew what you were doing. And I agree it was very interesting to do. I think no one in this class ever did this before, if they did than good for them. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree as well. It was very interested to learn all of the scripting. I'm scared to create my own game too. If it takes this long to create just a little game like this, imagine how long our games are going to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Maria; we will all be in this together until January 19. I think you really learn about specificity when programming. A semicolon is not the same thing as a colon. Neither is an underscore the same as a hyphen. Uppercase and lowercase letters make all the difference. The key is binary. Computers only understand 0 & 1 as digits. All code, when compiled, breaks down to long strings of zeroes and ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Maria. You are an inspiration. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see that you valued the learning experience of the mini-game. Your game will be, as you noted, more complex, but it will build upon itself with each class exercise. I have no doubt that you will produce a great game. I look forward to playing it in Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad someone learned something hahah just kidding, your smart you always learn things the right way the first time. Maybe not always, but that's not the point, I wanted to let you know your titles inspire me <3.

    ReplyDelete